Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Night


It was our last day working in Pitesti. We began in the morning and had studies all afternoon. First we finished up a study of the book of Revelation with Florena. Then after a while we had discussions with two ladies who were from a pentecostal background. After we finished up with the Bible studies we retired to our apartment and made our plans to leave for Bucuresti tomorrow.

I cannot say enough good things about those involved with the work we tried to do here in Pitesti. Liviu and Ben are two young men that are serious about the gospel and dependable in every sense of the word. Sometimes I feel it would be much better to just sit back and watch them work in the gospel for they are both competent teachers. There were times when I just marveled at how fast Ben was picking up the language again. It had been 9 years since he had been in Romania.

Florena was a gracious host to our efforts to teach the gospel. She brought us students and made her home available to us for classes. We spent about 6 or 7 hours a day in her apartment studying with her and those who came for Bible studies. We covered a lot of ground with a lot of people, some of whom I remember teaching two years ago (October 2006). I hope that in time God will give the increase for these efforts.

I have several contacts with whom I plan to communicate through email. Perhaps in time this avenue will also open up other possibilities for the gospel.

For those who have followed our progress through this blog and have supported us with prayers and encouragement, I hope this information related through the internet has been an encouragement to you. If I have a chance in Bucuresti, I will update again before we return home early next week. Until then, may God bless you all.

In Him,
alan, with Liviu and Ben

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Kaitlin said...

Hey Alan. The study in Revalations sounded really interesting. I can't wait to see you again. I really have been encouraged through this blog, and I pray that God will give a prosperous increase. I will continue to pray for you all!!!
~Kaitlin : )

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Nines said...

Love you.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Nines said...

Can't believe what a man Ben has become- not that I doubted it- never- but time moves so swiftly.

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like this trip has accomplished the encouragement and building up of the saints there. Sounds like you've been doing a lot of watering. For me, Alan, I've been encouraged by reading about your good work. May God give you safe travels home and bless those you've worked with.
Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home