Thursday, October 26, 2006

updating the blog


Now that I am home and have a little more flexibility with the computer, I plan to update this blog with some images from the trip to Romania. If you are returning to see if there has been any more information added, you might want to scroll down and take a look.

Also, as some of you may notice, I shaved my beard and head while I was in Romania. For those of you who know me this may be a surprise. Many of you have never seen my face without a beard. In fact I have children who are grown who have never seen my face. I do not know how long this will last, but for now this is how I look. Reactions have been mixed. I have to admit that it took a while for me to get used to it myself.

While in Romania I had thought to send a picture back to the US to give people a little warning. I wanted to mention that I had met with a man, a dear friend that I had not seen for 25 years. But, conditions did not allow me to send such a message as the last week was extremely busy. As it was I was fortunate that those who picked me up at the airport had a cell phone and could call me - at the same time they were looking at me - to verify that I was indeed who I was. For sure, I am who I am.

alan

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Nines said...

I remember you without a beard! And with quite "long" hair- compared to now, certainly. Curly brown. You look very nice, either way. You have a wedding coming up- perhaps PeniJean will want to put in a request for the fellow walking her down the aisle!

 
At 7:06 AM, Blogger Pamela (Peni) Teel said...

Have to ask...was Barb forwarned? I agree with Nines' assessment!

Glad you're home safely!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Nines said...

Dear Alan,
What a true blessing you are to all who know you! I am certain your efforts in Romania extend beyond what you see, and even think or imagine. It amazes me to see how God uses my "piddly" efforts to such wonderful extents... I just smile thinking of the good He can do with your offerings of "pearls" to those you touch. What a blessing for Mr. Tanase to have a friend like you. I love you, God bless you. I'm glad you are safe back at home!
Love, Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home