Monday, October 02, 2006

In Falfani - and Pitesti

Romania - October 2, 2006 - a report

The time is flying here. I have been trying to regulate my sleep patterns to the time difference from the US to RO and as usual it has been a challenge. But, I am sure that by the time I have to fly back to the US near the end of October I will have adjusted to here. Then I will have to readjust to eastern standard time, once I get there.

I have been busy this past week with studies in Falfani and in Pitesti. Even as I write this now, early on Monday morning, I am preparing to go to Pitesti today for more Bible studies. I was there on Saturday for studies with Florena, her son (Stefan) and others. I promised her I would come again on Monday and Tuesday of this week to study with anyone she could persuade to listen to my lessons.

Yesterday we had the worship in Falfani. Marian came from Bucuresti with his son, Alex and also with Liviu and Florena. The time spent in prayer and song, Bible study and worship was for me... incredible. I thank God for the opportunity to be here and to participate again in the faith of my brethren here in Romania. I gave a lesson on what it means to have "A Friend in Jesus". That is one thing that brings us all together here - the fact that we have all chosen to follow Jesus. That makes us brothers and sisters in the family of God.

My schedule for this week is as follows: Monday and Tuesday I plan to have studies in Pitesti. Wednesday I will return to Bucuresti. On Thursday I plan to arrive in Constanta to begin my efforts there.

For now I am well, I am safe, I am happy to be here in Romania. May God bless our efforts to teach the message of salvation to those who are willing to hear. I have always believed that if we are ready to teach, God will find a way to put us in touch with those who are ready to listen. I am ready to preach the gospel here and I am confident that God will open a door for His Word in this place. I have been encouraged so far just to revisit places where the truth of the gospel has been accepted for years, to stay in the home of faithful Christians (Cezar Nistor - in Bucuresti; the Tanase family - in Falfani; Florena Predescu - in Pitesti). I look forward to greeting the brethren in Constanta later this week. May God bless us all with His unlimited goodness through Jesus Christ, His Son - whom we preach to the world, declaring salvation in His name.

peace and grace to you all
alan

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Nines said...

So glad you have arrived safe and sound. May you continue to be so blessed and to be a blessing to others there. Give our love to all of our brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus our Savior. Nina and Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home