Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The time is near

Less than a week before I leave and preparations are in full swing. I am packing my bags and preparing my materials. It is overwhelming, but necessary. I will take too much "stuff" for sure. But, perhaps it will be better to have too much than to have too little. It pays to be prepared.

I have decided to try to have whatever teaching materials I will use - copied, duplicated, printed in Romania. I realize that it may cost more to do it there, but I do not have room for heavy printed materials in my suitcase. I will take a few examples, but for the most part I will have to print it when I get there. Also, I will take blank CD's and after I arrive in Romania I will have some of the Christians there look over the materials I have prepared. If there are no serious mispelings, I will go ahead and make copies on CD to give away.

As the time draws near my emotions begin to rise as I truly look forward to seeing my brethren in Romania again. It is hard to explain the feelings that I have toward those who are my family in Christ - who live so far away. Having an opportunity to see them and encourage them once every year or so means a lot to me. I know that they struggle in life, as do we all. But, I hope that no one has to struggle in their faith. It is truly in Christ that we can learn to put the difficulties of this life in context.

Romans 8:16-18 The Spirit himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are children of God: 17. and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified with him. 18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us-ward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home